The Other Side of Dr. Xeno's Brain

It's me, Dr. Xeno. Here are lecture notes and ideas for my work teaching physical and cognitive development across the lifespan (HDEV 3101) at the Department of Human Development at CSU, East Bay. This content is often referred to as mind-brain, mind body connection, brain and behavior; but it is really about the knowledge derived from the related fields of neurology, neuropsychology, neuroscience and cognitive science. Sometimes I just write about my kids or bike racing. Feel free to comment!

Friday, May 26, 2006

Back to Mines Road

Here's the EMC2/Vellum Cycles sport team on our 'Mount Hamilton' (Isabel Creek) reconnaissance ride on April 30. From left it's Gianni Cheetah, The Big Volsansky, Mighty Mo and Dr. A. I believe Deano is just behind me & the camera. Not a bad shot for 18 mph on the cell phone, finally figured out how to e-mail it to myself. Anyway, Sunday May 28 is the Mount Hamilton Classic, one of the few 'point-to-point' races in the area. We Master's 35+ 4/5 get a nice handicap; instead of 63 miles including the daunting namesake, we ride 38 miles, starting from the bottom of Mt Ham returning to the outskirts of Livermore. One ~800 foot climb midway trough the race is plenty for me & my flatlander origins. We have one sportie, Joe Mendez, doing the Elite 4 race so he'll do the 63 mile full Hammy. A tue climber. Well, time to rest. Race report to follow.

5 Comments:

At 9:14 AM, Blogger diskzero said...

Well, I signed up for the Elite race just to experience the full majesty of the race. Hope I don't regret it!

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger Dr. Xeno said...

Good luck disk-O! That'd be the end of me...

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Gianni said...

I apologize in advance for eating Frankie, Johnny, and Luigi's Too the night before.
See you in the morning on the short bus....

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger Allison Krasnow said...

MB and i are all ears for the post-race stories. we're at home all day moving (aka shacking up...)

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Chico Cyclist said...

How'd it go out there Dr. X????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home