The Other Side of Dr. Xeno's Brain

It's me, Dr. Xeno. Here are lecture notes and ideas for my work teaching physical and cognitive development across the lifespan (HDEV 3101) at the Department of Human Development at CSU, East Bay. This content is often referred to as mind-brain, mind body connection, brain and behavior; but it is really about the knowledge derived from the related fields of neurology, neuropsychology, neuroscience and cognitive science. Sometimes I just write about my kids or bike racing. Feel free to comment!

Monday, March 27, 2006

Happy to be...


Here. Now. Maybe my health affirmation worked a bit; but the friends visiting from Colorado kept me off the bike and around the table a bit more and longer than usual. At least I'm healthy & happy again! Hungry to ride & race! Even if a bit heavier than before this imposed break. Always nice to entertain old friends and Cookies, Beer, etc. Thanks Ianuccis!

Hey Mom, I gained 6 pounds in 6 days!

12 Comments:

At 9:03 PM, Blogger Chico Cyclist said...

Hey, muscle weighs more than fat. At least that's how I like to look at weight gain!

Or maybe it's just water retention or some crazy thing like that!

 
At 12:08 AM, Blogger Dr. Xeno said...

I think it's lard...

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger Chico Cyclist said...

LOL - Oh man, I know the feeling.....

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

mmm...lard

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Dr. Xeno said...

man, a veggie mmm'ing to 'lard'. Sarcasm? Irony? Too much rain? Oh yeah, I forgot the whole mexican restaruant lard-slide thing a while back.
mmm... lard it is!

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger Ron Castia said...

OohFah

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

new post ... just to slide this pic down a notch.

can't ... refresh ... screen ...

ugh.

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Velojuice said...

Something about her smile though, alm ost like she is day dreaming of Krispy Kreme

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger Dr. Xeno said...

Kispy Kreme uses lard. Yet another endorsement for processed animal fats!

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger Chico Cyclist said...

Hmmmmm. Is it worth Guinea Pigging???

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Dr. Xeno said...

We should ask Jim Volsansky - his daughter's science project was to time him to the Mt Diablo junction under different food conditions; one was a jelly donut!

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Chico Cyclist said...

Dude, I can't wait to see those results!! When will they be posted???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home