The Other Side of Dr. Xeno's Brain

It's me, Dr. Xeno. Here are lecture notes and ideas for my work teaching physical and cognitive development across the lifespan (HDEV 3101) at the Department of Human Development at CSU, East Bay. This content is often referred to as mind-brain, mind body connection, brain and behavior; but it is really about the knowledge derived from the related fields of neurology, neuropsychology, neuroscience and cognitive science. Sometimes I just write about my kids or bike racing. Feel free to comment!

Friday, March 10, 2006

Snelling results finally up:


http://www.velopromo.com/snlg-rl06.htm:

Yo, did ya notice Mark Patten aka Jesus Chong in Snelling results? 3rd in E4 and 11th in 45+ - that's some double! 112+ miles of racing: 49 miles at 8:05 am with the 4s and 63 miles at 12:30 pm with the 45+ field that caught us 35+4/5ers. He also got a 1st & 2nd at Alameda GP. Somebody at NRCAracing said he was also this guy, http://www.markpatten.com but I'm not sure they're correct. What do you think?

6 Comments:

At 7:48 AM, Blogger Chico Cyclist said...

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the dude. Just crazy - that's old school hardcore.

Okay, so I have to ask.....what's up with the name Jesus Chong????

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

Jesus Chong ... that's an f'in crackup.

i've spoken wit da bloke a couple times and he's pretty cool, but definitely got that 'thousand-yard' RAAM stare goin' on.

his endurance, obviously, is something fierce. but, he's been improving his ability to hit intensity efforts in races ... hence the spurt of kick-ass results. but, he's still pretty fresh to pack riding in my opinion and needs to let himself develop. it'll happen fast, i reckon ... 'cause he pays attention.

doubling up at Snelling? that's just burlesque.

but ... you gotta dig that scrub o' sasquatch he's sportin' on the mug. too frickin' cool, yo.

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger Dr. Xeno said...

I am totally diggn' the facial hair gone wild being a recovering hippie meself; quite a few dudes in the 35+ 4/5 sportin' at least chin fuzz.

The Jesus Chong moniker comes from the Apple Pie reace report at NCNCAracing.com - I think it's a bit more respectful than Sasquatch... or Bigfoot, but hey, call him what you like. I wonder if he'd like to be called just plain 'Mark'?

1000 yard RAAM stare or spiritual pace sure, but the RAAM Mark Patten look just so blond & clean cut... not ruling it out, I guess we'll just have to ask him next race. BTW, I am totally cool with him staying in the 4s this season he is developing like all of us, but not yet sandbaggin us in the derogatory sense of the word.

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger Chico Cyclist said...

Yeah, I got the thousand yard stare from him last year at a race - it was sorta spooky! I was like, uh, is the dude looking at me or through me.....or both??!! OMG - Jesus Chong - that is just too much!

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Ron Castia said...

That is pretty cool, maybe I'll downgrade to a 4 when I turn 45.

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Dr. Xeno said...

Oh Bro Maynard, we're gettin' whipped enuff in the 4/5 geezers... wait, you'd be on my team, c'mon on down!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home