The Other Side of Dr. Xeno's Brain

It's me, Dr. Xeno. Here are lecture notes and ideas for my work teaching physical and cognitive development across the lifespan (HDEV 3101) at the Department of Human Development at CSU, East Bay. This content is often referred to as mind-brain, mind body connection, brain and behavior; but it is really about the knowledge derived from the related fields of neurology, neuropsychology, neuroscience and cognitive science. Sometimes I just write about my kids or bike racing. Feel free to comment!

Monday, December 11, 2006

Presenting...



The 2007 EMC2/Vellum Cycles Sport and Women's Squads! Great turnout for our 2-day December Skills Camp with Nicole Freeman. Thanks to 'The Team' and those who made this event happen; you know who you are and what you did. To the NCNCA competition in the 35+ 4/5, and Women's races, you can expect Spidey to be a good sport as always, but look out; We've got some new members and new skills!

14 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, Blogger Dr. Xeno said...

You already looked like a different racer by Day 2!

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

dead frickin' sexy.

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger Dr. Xeno said...

Now that's an endorsement; Duke's husband is a "credentialed media member."

p.s., regarding our Camp Squad, I should've added, 'ages 15 to 55.'

 
At 8:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys were awesome!
Sunday night consisted of a catatonic couch session for the whole family, 3 parties in three days and roughly 12 hours on a bike in the rain, I love it!
My favorite moment- the wheel-sliding, all out attack into the last corner sprint between Da Jas and the crit champ.
Just brought a giant smile to my face a week later....

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger Dr. Xeno said...

I married a total bike geek

mrs. x

 
At 4:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've only just discovered this?!??

 
At 10:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geekarama.

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger Dennis said...

The bright blue shorts on the right really do it for me.

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Dr. Xeno said...

Yeah, Larry just had to wear the 2005 kit. That is so... well, 2005. Someone threw him an extra 06 shell for some cover-up. Man, I am a geek.... thanks for marrying me Pony.

 
At 2:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Captain America OUT! Spidey IN!

 
At 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to see you out today 12/19/06.

BTW: You forgot to raise the seat on your Felt.

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Dr. Xeno said...

Me gusto mucho Nome Augusta; y'know, that seat raise on the Vellum was so key - and then I measured - the Felt was the same... maybe it's a seat thickness thing... but I think I will raise the Felt seat post 2 mm also. Know that I have a base, I'll try to make the Tuesday World's a regular thing; nothin like it. Geekin' out again, hope my wife doesn't read this, I'm supposed to be givin' the boys a bath.

 
At 9:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gianni's on the rollers fitting in 45 minutes most days, and the X-dogie is throwin' down at Tuesdays Of Love ?
Trading Places or what?

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger Dr. Xeno said...

Yes, that is like tradin' places - them roller's ought to smooth you out real nice. I miss mine; corrosive sweat melted the hardware. Come Spring time, you can't call yourself a masher no mo'!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home