The Other Side of Dr. Xeno's Brain

It's me, Dr. Xeno. Here are lecture notes and ideas for my work teaching physical and cognitive development across the lifespan (HDEV 3101) at the Department of Human Development at CSU, East Bay. This content is often referred to as mind-brain, mind body connection, brain and behavior; but it is really about the knowledge derived from the related fields of neurology, neuropsychology, neuroscience and cognitive science. Sometimes I just write about my kids or bike racing. Feel free to comment!

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Run for Fun


OV has a creative side-bar on running. It's mostly oriented for the bits of running done between the cycling parts of cyclocross. As a reformed running addict, sounds good to me, and it seems like the right approach to the bits of running in CX that should indeed be explosive. Since my race season is also over, I'll be relapsing a bit to the ol' trot. It is especially time efficient and portable for travel. Plus a little variety aka cross-training might put some spice back in my training. Oh yeah, and I do lots of silly walk type drills too, plus a bit of the ol' fartlek. Heck, just running will build the core, but do some high steppin' drills and feel the burn!

4 Comments:

At 8:35 AM, Blogger Merkeley Bike said...

Looking forward to seeing you out there again soon!

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

i totally wish i'd used that Flanders graphic.

too choice.

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger MoJito said...

um, you said fartlek. :-)

i myself have recently learned that running is quite a nice substitute to bicycle riding when time is of the essence. my 6th grade PE teacher would be proud.

 
At 3:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any problems with hackers?

My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing many months
of hard work due to no data backup. Do you have any methods to
stop hackers?

Feel free to visit my web page :: Psn Code Generator (Www.Youtube.com)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home