The Other Side of Dr. Xeno's Brain

It's me, Dr. Xeno. Here are lecture notes and ideas for my work teaching physical and cognitive development across the lifespan (HDEV 3101) at the Department of Human Development at CSU, East Bay. This content is often referred to as mind-brain, mind body connection, brain and behavior; but it is really about the knowledge derived from the related fields of neurology, neuropsychology, neuroscience and cognitive science. Sometimes I just write about my kids or bike racing. Feel free to comment!

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Whole New Thang

Ok, mild case of bike lust going on here. Actually lusting for the entire sub-sport of cyclo -cross. No way I'm gonna get clearance on this one, but it does have a practical acpect to it. If I can sell my Felt, I might be able to swing it. But then I'd need new shoes... mud loving pedals... oh yeah, and bike handling skills!

10 Comments:

At 8:22 AM, Blogger Chico Cyclist said...

I'm with ya there!

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger nosajpalnud said...

cool bike

pic needs to be in the BIG ring

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger Ron Castia said...

Not recommended for you this year. You need to rebuild the base and your health. Killing yourself in 30 to 40 minute balistic efforts isn't going to help you next season without a base to perform those efforts on.

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Dr. Xeno said...

So true Ron - and my wife is fist pumping in agreement with you! Just a little dreamin - I would enjoy the xc bike more for the inclement weather, work commute & truck trails than for actual xc racing. That'd be next year!

 
At 12:15 AM, Blogger Gianni said...

Dirt is good for the soul. In your circumstance, I would agree with Nome. Base it up all fall and hit up some PEak Season races this winter on your old MTB.
I'm riding easy right now, dirt and road, call when your ready.

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger diskzero said...

I too am filled with cross bike lust, but then I remember how brutally hard the races are.  That cures me for a few moments.  I did spot a classic Guerciotti cross frame at Shaw's that nearly ignited the cross fire again though.

 
At 12:33 AM, Blogger Dr. Xeno said...

maybe if you lusted after the wife instead of the bike she might see the light on a new purchase-jeez 2 bikes in one year-must be crazy cause we can't fit 2 carseats on the back of that thing-pray the Honda passes smog or you might just be bikin' it to work

luv the, wife

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Dr. Xeno said...

Wifey X wrote that in secret while I was eating lunch with Kai-boy across the room! Ok, you asked for it, wifely lust is rising, see you this afternoon!

p.s. we gotta get momma x a blogger nickname & profile...

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger Gianni said...

Blogflirtin' and computer highjackin'= muy caliente

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Dr. Xeno said...

Let me conjuctify that - 'blogjacking'?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home