The Other Side of Dr. Xeno's Brain

It's me, Dr. Xeno. Here are lecture notes and ideas for my work teaching physical and cognitive development across the lifespan (HDEV 3101) at the Department of Human Development at CSU, East Bay. This content is often referred to as mind-brain, mind body connection, brain and behavior; but it is really about the knowledge derived from the related fields of neurology, neuropsychology, neuroscience and cognitive science. Sometimes I just write about my kids or bike racing. Feel free to comment!

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

2 Points

Yes, indeed - Hanford Crit brought good times and my first 2 points toward my 4 to 3 upgrade ... not in a huge hurry; I mean, what's 18 years as a cat4 if not a learning experience? And me, I like learnin'! In Hanford, I learned the field size is proportional to amount of fun... It took about a year to re-learn what I forgot in 10 years away from the sport and last year was mostly illness-racing so performance was minimal. Now, I feel ready to race. However, the Velo Promo t-shirt still eludes me; Hanford only shirted top 4 and there I was in 5th place.

Gianni has just moved on up and his knowledge, skills and fitness are daunting. I hope I and others can fill in for some of the leadership and assertiveness he provided to both the EMC Sportie squad and the 35+4(5) peloton. He scored his final point in his first race of the day (E4/5), a total of SIX ca$h primes in the two 4/5 races and was only 1/2 lap shy of giving me the leadout of my life in the 35+4/5. Can't blame him after riding 2 races at full tilt; hardly a move went that he wasn't in or marking. Being the stand-up guy he is, bought me & Merkeley a lotta lunch! Cheers Gianni!

3 Comments:

At 8:38 AM, Blogger Chico Cyclist said...

You're next Dr. X! I can see it now.....takin' over where Gianni left off.....grabbin' a collection of VP t-shirts.....and on to the 3s....and, of course, the Masters 35+ 1/2/3s! Yeah baby!!

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Dr. Xeno said...

aww yeah, we sportyEMCs are setting a pretty good upgrade record; 2 per year, except we have our two for this year and it's not even April! I've got 2 more years til my planned upgrade year... but nice to start bankin' points & top 10s now.

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Gianni said...

Gracias, sir!

I don't think it will be long for you, the instincts are back and the fitness is on the way up.

And the co-driving skillz.... X kept me calm when we almost ran out of gas in BFE... " we're bike racers, we'll just ride our bikes for help"... always bring a X on your road trips...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home